Cold & Hot Therapy:
Purpose of treatment: To produce a pumping effect on a particular tissue of the body by expansion (heat) and contraction (cold). This removes the toxins & waste and encourages nutrients to aid healing mechanism.
- Take a cold pack from freezer (peas or other alternative frozen item may be used) and hot pack from microwave (hot water bottle may be used)
- Ensure both packs are covered with a tea-towel or other thin material to avoid cold/hot burn
- Apply Cold pack for 2 minutes then remove
- Follow immediately with hot pack for 2 minutes then remove and reapply cold for 2 minutes redoing steps above 3 times finishing on a cold pack then stop for 15 mins.
- Perform above steps 3 times per day for maximum effect.